Yes, yes, it really is all I can talk about these days: SANTA PLAY DATE! Part of that is because I know first hand how fun it is for the whole family and how beautiful the keepsakes are that we are offering. We had our two HopeKids families last weekend and everyone left with big smiles and happy hearts. It was so lovely to give these families some time away from their kids’ treatments and worries here in my West Wash Park studio, a sanctuary for them. Being able to give them a family experience, like any other family, meant the world to them, and it was our honor to create it for these children and parents. But that’s not the end of what we are giving HopeKids Colorado, we are also donating $50 of every session fee and 10% of all sales to the organization, so it can continue its incredible work.
Please join us in celebrating the season, giving back, engaging with your families, and a PLAY DATE with Santa!
Part of what made the sessions such a success was they were well prepared. Vala Vincent Photography and I, Mariah Ehlert Photography, want to make sure everything is perfect for you and your families, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Make sure to show up on time. You get a private play date, the pre-scheduled time is all yours! But if you’re late, we won’t be able to move appointments around.
- Review the keepsake products and get an idea ahead about which you will want, it will help us to help you select the best images for you memories and gifts.
- Let them know this will be FUN, and talk about what it means to meet Santa; ask what they want to talk about with Santa; they can write him letters too.
- No need to coach them on smiles, we’ll capture them naturally, and it can add stress for them.
- Let them know Santa, Mariah, & Vala are ‘friends’, and excited to meet them.
- Bring your best fart jokes, anything to get the giggles going
- Be ready to show love to your family
- Leave the stress on the front stoop; we sweep away daily
- It’s ok if everyone got dirty on the way here, it’s life, it happens
- We are here to help make the holidays easier for you, and capture some amazing memories and that annual holiday image to cherish
- Yes, we have mirrors so you can do a quick check and feel confident and camera ready
- Yes: Similar color schemes: whites, tans, splash of red, greens, splash of gold or silver (here’s our Pinterest board for ideas)
- Yes: Similar hues (light color schemes, or darks)
- Avoid: Fluorescent colors, busy patterns
- Accessories for the win: this is the best place to add drama to a wardrobe (versus in the fabrics): headbands, barrettes, necklaces, pins, jewelry, reindeer antlers
Pets (Sunday only)
- Wear them out before the session: long walk, hard play, jog, dog park, whatever they love to get them happy and tired
- Bring a favorite toy and/or treats, we don’t always use them, but it can them help focus in a new environment
- Potty them before coming inside
- Pet accessories are always a blast, let’s see what you have!
Have a wonderful week, we can’t wait to meet your families and photograph you.